Import and Setup
Follow these steps to import and configure the Unity SDK.
Download the WebGL version of the plugin, if you want to build for WebGL.
The file structure belongs to the nightly version of the plugin downloaded from the documentation.
- 2.Start the Unity Hub.
- 3.Verify that your project uses Unity 2019.4.11f1 LTS or later (check the Pre-Requisites section of the documentation).
- 4.Open your project.
- 5.Select Assets > Import Package > Custom Package.
- 6.In the file explorer, select the Convai Unity package. The filename is similar to
ConvaiforUnity_vX.Y.Z.unitypackage. X, Y, and Z are numbers containing the version information of the plugin.
- 7.Click Import. Wait for the import to complete.
- 9.Verify there were no compiler errors.
After importing, by default, the Convai folder will be in your project. It should look something like this.
The file structure belongs to the Core version of the plugin downloaded from the documentation.
Open the Convai Streaming Demo scene in the Scenes folder you'll see a Scene setup with Convai Tools and a Default character (named Ellen) with whom you can converse. This will not work right now, since you have not added the API key yet. Continue to see how you can talk to this character and set up your own character.