Create a Discord Bot
Create your own Discord Bot to share with people in various servers.
Follow the next set of steps to create your own Discord bot:
- 2.Click on New Application
- 3.Enter the name of the bot that you want to create. Let's go with ConvaiTracy
- 4.Accept the Developer Terms of Service and Developer Policy and click on Create.
- 5.Now, you land on the application details page. Upload an app icon and provide a description as you see fit. and click on Save Changes.
- 6.Then click on OAuth2 --> URL Generator
- 7.Click on the bot checkbox under the Scopes section
- 8.Click on the following checkboxes under the various Permissions
- 1.General Permissions:
- 1.Manage Webhooks
- 2.Text Permissions:
- 1.All the checkboxes
- 3.Voice Permissions:
- 3.Use Voice Activity
- 4.Priority Speaker
- 5.Request To Speak
- 9.Copy the URL generated below. This will be the shareable invite link for the bot on all servers.
- 10.Next click on Bot
- 11.Click on Add Bot --> Yes, do it!
- 12.Allow the following intents under the Privileged Intents section and click on Save Changes.
- 13.Click on Reset Tokens to generate a new token for the bot. Then click on Yes, do it
- 14.Copy the generated token to be used later for hosting the bot server.
Now we move on to connecting the Discord bot with a Convai Character and hosting the server.