This guide will show you how to integrate the Convai and NVIDIA Omniverse using the Convai Extension plugin.
To install the Convai Omniverse Extension, follow these steps:
- 2.Extract the zip file into your chosen directory.
- 3.Open the Omniverse app of your choice (e.g Code) and from the
- 4.In the
Extensionstab, click the gear icon in the top right.
- 5.Click the green plus icon in the Edit column and add the absolute path to the
extsfolder found in the repository directory.
- 6.Select the
Third Partytab and search for
Convaiin the top left search bar, make sure to check Enabled.
- 7.The Convai window should appear, drag it and dock it in any suitable area of the UI.
- 8.If the Convai window does not appear, go to the
Windowmenu and select
Convaifrom the list.
To add your API Key and Character ID, follow these steps:
- 2.On the website click the gear icon in the top-right corner of the playground then copy and paste the API key into the
Convai API Keyfield in the Convai extension window.
- 4.Copy the Character ID and paste it in the
Character IDfield in the extension window.
Start Talkingto initiate the conversation
Stopwhen done talking for the character to respond.
- 1.Open your chosen Omniverse app (e.g., Code).
- 2.Go to
File->Openand navigate to the repo directory.
- 3.Navigate to
<repo directory>/ConvaiDemoStage/ConvaiDemo.usdand click `open it.
- 4.Click the
playbutton from the
Toolbarmenu on the left.
Start Talkingin the
Convaiwindow to talk to the character then click
Stopto send the request.
Actions can be used to trigger events with the same name as the action in the
Action graph. They can be used to run animations based on the action received. To try out actions:
- 1.Add a few comma-separated actions to
Comma seperated actionsfield (e.g jump, kick, dance, etc.).
- 2.The character will select one of the actions based on the conversation and run any event with the same name as the action in the
- The demo stage includes only talk and idle animations. However, it is possible to add more animations and trigger them using the action selected by the character. More on that in the future.